Capital Hotel in Little Rock
ARKANSAS: Capital Hotel in Little Rock
- Where is the hotel located? As the “Grand Dame” of downtown life for more than a century, the Capital is uniquely positioned for both the business travelers who appreciate the hotel’s proximity to important business locations and leisure guests interested in the Clinton Library, The Arts Center, The Museum of Discovery, the Rivermarket, myriad historic buildings and the Riverfront.
- How far is the hotel from the airport? Fifteen minutes.
- Does your hotel offer any children’s programs? Arrivals involving children are flagged for special attention. Likewise, children find a delightful variety of places to visit within walking distance of the hotel. Nevertheless, there are no formal children’s entertainment-type programs.
- Is there on-site dining? There are two restaurants including One Eleven at the Capital. The second is the Capital Bar & Grill. Long a favorite watering hole of local political and business leaders, a full kitchen was added during the restoration. This has allowed the culinary team to introduce a unique approach to handmade Southern “comfort food.” Background jazz entertainment is offered three or four nights per week depending upon the season.
- Is your hotel pet-friendly? Due to the Capital’s antiquity and the extent of the recent restoration, pets may not be domiciled at the hotel. Nearby kennel arrangements can be coordinated through the Concierge.
- What sets you apart from other hotels in Little Rock? As a hotel featuring 130 years of character complemented by the comfort and efficiency of a modern luxury hotel, the Capital stands apart from virtually every hotel in the U.S.
- Do you offer airport transportation? The Capital maintains an on-site automobile that is available for emergencies or special arrangements, but since cab service is both inexpensive and convenient, the hotel does not maintain a fleet.
- Is there an on-site spa? At present, the Capital does NOT provide an on-site spa. Day-spa arrangements, including transportation, are easily coordinated by the Concierge. Massage therapy appointments can also be arranged by the Concierge for individual guest rooms or at the Downtown Fitness Center across the street from the hotel.
- What are some activities to do in Little Rock? In addition to the Rivermarket and the Clinton Library, the downtown offers an astonishing array of museums and historic buildings all within walking distance. Shopping options range from boutiques to fashion malls each nearby but in different parts of town. The concierge will be happy to describe each and arrange the hotel automobile. For the more energetic, sports activities include the “basics” such as golf and tennis or more exotic options such as hiking; bicycling, hunting or even kayaking. Depending upon seasonal availability, each can be easily coordinated for a half- or full-day excursion.
- What is the Capital’s smoking policy? The Capital is an entirely smoke-free hotel. In addition to being charged the cost of professional cleaning, guests caught smoking must wait in their undergarments in the lobby during the cleaning process.
- Just how big is the elevator? It is with an air of certainty that we are told that “Mr. Witt” was known to hold the Arkansas state legislature on board.
Was this article helpful? Yes -0 No -0 666 Posted by: 👨 Alice J. Carey